October 1, 2020 - LISTEN HERE
The Book of Lamentations in the Old Testament was written by the prophet Jeremiah.
The Spirit moved Jeremiah with grief, sorry and tears for the tragic sin and the exile of God’s people from the land of Judah. They had rejected God’s Spirit and had reaped the harvest of judgment and destruction.
I encourage each of you to read the complete Book of Lamentations. It’s short; only 5 Chapters. But as I read the words of how the people were crushed, then scattered and taken into captivity as prisoners for decades as punishment for turning their backs on God, I couldn’t help but gasp at the parallels we are now living in America.
Here are a few sample verses from this book:
- All your enemies have opened their mouth against you; they hiss and gnash their teeth. They say, “We have swallowed her up! Certainly, this is the day that we longed for, we have found it; we have seen it.” (v2:16)
- The Lord has done what He has planned...He has caused the enemy to rejoice over you; he has exalted the power of your adversaries. (v2:27)
- Those we have elected have turned against God, against our Constitution and gladly want to enslave us to the Globalists.
- The kings of the earth and all the inhabitants of the world would not have believed that the adversary and the enemy could enter the gates of Jerusalem (v4:12)
- Is America being destroyed from within by the adversaries planted here?
- Slaves rule over us; there is no one to deliver us from their hand (v5:8)
- When we are all muzzled, distanced, tagged and tracked like cattle, who will save us from our own government?
“The Lord is good to those who seek Him, and wait quietly for his salvation.” Remember the Lord said, “Vengeance is mine.” He also said in Lamentations 3:31, “For the Lord will not cast off forever."
Though He causes (allows) grief, He will have compassion according to the abundance of His great mercy.
Lord, in so many ways, we have sinned. We have removed You from our daily lives, our schools, our country, our government. Those among us have murdered more than 61-million of Your infants, without a word of regret. Those among us have broken every one of Your commandments. And worst of all, millions in our country have turned their heart and mind away from You, saying, “God is Dead” and desecrating Your places of worship.
Lord, you instructed us to pray for those who have harmed us, for those who ARE harming us. Lord, as difficult as it is to do, we ask You to bless our enemies and to create events in their lives that will open their hearts so they will see miracles, miracles that could only have been orchestrated by You. Lay their hearts bare so they can accept “welcome” as a Prodigal son, one of the lost sheep may return Home to You. We pray for the forgiveness of our country, for a calling to our government officials, for the protection of Your chosen ones during this time of division. We ask that Thy will be done and our HOPE remains only with You. In Jesus Name, Amen.